Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday breakfast chez Vixabs

"Sunday morning, up with the lark,
I think I'll take a walk in the park,
Hey, hey, hey its a beautiful day!

I got something waiting for me
And when I eat it, I know it'll be,
Yummy, tasty, fun, its a beautiful day!"

Apologies to Daniel Boone. He must've been such a romantic, and here I go, converting it into a foodie song! But hey, I live to eat, so what's wrong with that.

Sundays are one of the few days that we get to enjoy a slightly slower start to our day. On dry days, its a delight to sit in our balcony, enjoy the gentle mountain breeze, contemplate the hills around, listen to the dulcet sounds of our wind chime, and of course, enjoy a simple (but for us sumptuous) breakfast of fruits, vermicelli upma (mother's recipe of course!) with mango and  coffee accompanied by our weekend newspaper. Cherish the small and sinful pleasures of life - they truly are precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment